What kind of couples does XO Moreau work with?
Let us start off by saying that we do not believe in the term “ideal client”. We do not sit here and check off boxes of certain personality traits, education levels, age, or professions of our potential clients to determine if we are a good match. No two people are the same, therefore all of our client relationships are different. However, looking back on our favorite clients ever, they all have a few qualities in common:
- Our clients are focused on the overall “party” aspect. We don’t mean party as in “getting wasted”, we are referring to the overall ambiance of the event and ensuring our clients have time to make incredible memories with those they love most. Think about it- this is the first and also the last time you will have ever have the same room full of people celebrating your love and marriage. We focus on embracing that and making the most of every second of it. Our clients make it a priority to take care of their guests by not only offering great food and entertainment, but by also enjoying the day themselves. Don’t get us wrong, we love an epic wedding design, but it is not our #1 priority. Guest experience > everything, my dudes.
- Our clients trust us, our team, and our process. Handing off the reins to your wedding day can be scary- we totally get it. However, we are backed with extensive industry education, experience, and resources to truly make this process as stress free and effective as possible. We strive to educate our clients about our wedding planning process and the wedding industry as a whole so that they feel at ease with us because they know that we know our stuff. Trust builds more and more overtime, but we desire clients who trust us the same way they trust their dentist for a teeth cleaning or their hairstylist for a haircut! We are essentially your own personal Kris Jenner “Momager” and we have your best interests at heart and in mind at all times.
- Our clients are laid back, have a sense of humor, and are super chill. Our laid back approach to wedding planning aims to attract clients who don’t want to feel like wedding planning is homework or feel like wedding planning is taking over their life. Our emails are the perfect ratio of formal to informal and we loooooove sending emoji’s and GIF’s, allowing our clients to feel as if they are just chatting with their BFF. If you enjoy dad jokes and puns, you’re in the right place!
What is the wedding planning process with XO Moreau like?
The wedding planning process varies by which package you book! All packages start off with the same booking procedure:
- You slide in our DMs (or inbox, or TK / WW)
- We chat about you, your boo, and your heckin’ good party.
- We come to the conclusion that we are a match made in wedding planning heaven. It’s official… you like us & we like ya back 🙂 (yes, we interview you the same way you interview us)
- You sign your wedding planning contract. This protects your investment as well as our time and resources.
- You pay your non-refundable retainer of 50% of your package price. If money is tight, we totes understand. We are willing to offer payment plans on a case by case basis.
- You’re booked! Yay! We put your wedding day on our calendar and most likely jam out to “Check Yo Self Remix” by Ice Cube.
After that, the process really depends on your wedding planning package and level of service. We can’t put the full insider info out on the world wide web, so if you’re intrigued on learning more about those packages, visit our services page to learn more or contact us to get the ball rolling!
What would our communication be like?
Have you ever submitted your email address to your favorite stores online newsletter for that instant 10% off coupon code? A few minutes after you check your email, BAM… an email is in your inbox. That is kind of how our communication is! We strive to return all emails as soon as we can since email is our primary form of communication. All of our wedding packages include unlimited email contact, and we encourage you to use it! Keep in mind that we are humans too, so communication solely takes place during office hours. We are occasionally out of office during the week for meetings and events, but will get back to you as soon as we can. Weekends and evenings are solely reserved for events and family time.
What makes XO Moreau unique?
We will let the words of our previous clients communicate this for us… 🙂
“Alex was our: strategic planner, authentic designer, non-judgmental financial advisor, comedienne and provider of hilarious memes, empathetic confidante & therapist, fierce and focused director, emergency bustle expert, personal waitress & bartender, and all things (pre and day of) wedding spirit guide go-to gal. Alex has mastered a system for keeping her clients up to date in real time, eliminating the stress and anxiety of figuring out “what’s next.”” – Heather A
“Alex basically felt like my immediate bff, and if I didn’t know better I would’ve thought we had known each other forever. She was an integral part of every single decision I made, and she always remained calm, cool and collected, even when I asked her 50 questions a day lol!” – Sarah S
“Alex thoughtfully listened and understood my daughter-in-law’s vision template for the entire event and poured much thought into sourcing very particular vendor options accordingly. Her assessments of their services not only saved precious time and money but also allowed my daughter-in-law to enjoy the planning process.” – Lori M
“Not only did she make me feel like my wedding was in good hands, she also took away my stress from day 1. And if I did get the occasional rush of stress, she would always reassure me everything would work out by giving me different solutions to the situation.” – Lupita R
“Alex has great organizational and creative skills. She guided us from the beginning with detailed check lists and vendor recommendations. Her follow-up’s kept us on our toes!” – Don M
“She was incredibly responsive to my many and sometimes overly wordy emails. She was an amazing problem solver who came to the table with solutions and great ideas. The planning process was smooth and she was always two steps ahead which is oh so important! She was incredibly organized and very communicative. I feel like my wedding was not typical and had a lot of moving parts and Alex managed everything like the pro she is.” – Crystal N
In addition to the above, we strive to make every client feel like our only client. We will always encourage and motivate you, applaud you on milestones and accomplishments, and be your biggest cheerleader every step of the way! Together we will create the greatest wedding you have ever been to, and have fun along the way.
Do I have to use vendors on your preferred list?
You have flexibility to hire whoever you want to hire! We recommend these vendors because not only are they experts in their fields, but they always give XO Moreau clients the best service. We have worked hard over the years to find the best that Austin has to offer, and we are so excited to share this valuable list with our clients!
Hiring vendors that are familiar with each other allows for an extraordinary wedding day flow and happy vendors who are able to provide you the best level of service. Think of it this way… would you send a bunch of football players, who have never played with each other before, to the Superbowl to play together for the first time? Hell naw! You ideally would want a team that has prior experience working together to ensure everyone is able to perform to their fullest potential. We aren’t football experts by any means, but that is how we view hiring your vendor team!
Keep in mind that your venue may have restrictions and only allow certain vendors to work on their property as well. Our clients are required to hire professionals, regardless of whether of not they are on our list, with liability insurance.
How many weddings do you plan per year?
The number varies based on the type of package booked. Typically within a calendar year, that number falls between 20-30. Our past clients have repeatedly told us that they have felt like our only clients because of the high quality of service, consistently quick communication, and the extensive amount of time we spend on planning each wedding. We never take on more than we can handle and are eager to give you every second of attention you deserve.
What happens if you have an emergency on my wedding day?
Firstly, we would like to say that we have never had this happen, and have never ever missed a wedding. We do have about half a dozen trained and educated assistants we can contact with the press of a button to step in should an emergency happen. We have great relationships with other wedding planners in Austin and know we can contact them if extra assistance is still needed.
How many wedding planners will be present on my wedding day?
The number of wedding planners vary based on a lot of different factors, such as wedding size, number of vendors, complexity of logistics, amount of decor, etc. We always make sure we are fully prepared and have as many hands on deck that we believe is necessary to make your wedding day smooth as butter. We do not believe in making you pay for people that may not be necessary for your wedding day, so we do not automatically include additional assistants in your wedding packages. As the wedding planning process progresses, we will add assistants as necessary.
What is the average wedding budget you work with?
We don’t require our clients to have a certain wedding budget in order to hire us. We have and will work with budgets anywhere from $35,000-$200,000+. Our creative ideas and diverse skill set allow us to plan one hell of a party despite how many G’s are in the budget. There are many different variables when it comes to determining your wedding budget, such as guest count and desired wedding date/location, that have a huge effect on your wedding day. It is our job to educate you about how much you’re truly able to get with your money. We get it- you can buy a brand new mid-sized sedan or a five bedroom house in the suburbs with that amount of money, but that same amount of money in the world of wedding planning is a different story. Ultimately, we are very confident with our design skills and resources to plan a wedding despite how many dolla dolla bills you’re willing and able to spend (as long as it is reasonable of course)!
Who will I work with throughout wedding planning?
All of the planning is done exclusively with me, Alex Moreau, the owner of XO Moreau Weddings & Events. I may have assistants on the wedding day itself, but throughout the process, you will be communicating with me directly. Yippee!
Do you work with out of town/state clients?
Absolutely! About 65-70% of our clients do not currently live in Austin, or even Texas for that matter. We understand how difficult it is to plan a wedding, let alone plan a wedding from a distance. We have endless tips & tricks to make planning from afar easier than you ever imagined. We thrive on planning even the most difficult logistical weddings to create a seamless day for our clients and their guests.
Do you plan destination weddings?
YES! We love destination weddings and are experts in this field. Destination weddings offer a whole new set of challenges… challenges that we have become experts at overcoming. Our wedding planning packages can easily accommodate a destination wedding as well. We have planned weddings all over: Hawaii, Dominican Republic, California, Georgia, Florida, and Oregon to name a few!
How many in-person and phone meetings do I get with my package?
We love answering this question because we do not have a set number of meetings that we can have. We believe every client and their wedding planning needs are different, therefore, we are always down to hop on the phone or meet in person, as long as it is within reason and the best use of both of our time! All meetings, phone & in person, will be scheduled in advance via email so we can set aside time and dedicate it 100% to you.
What style of weddings do you plan?
Our creative style leans toward the more unique, funky, and “Austin” style wedding. We love implementing truly unique design features and interactive activities to really “wow” your guests. On the flip side, we also love creating more traditional and classy wedding as well. Alex’s personal style is classic & elegant-ish, but creative style is edgy, quirky, and fun. We love a new challenge with unique color palettes, fun ideas, and design features you may have already. We encourage our clients to get creative and tell us all about their wildest wedding dreams. However, if you feel you don’t have that design bone in your body, have no fear! We will work with you from the very beginning to help you decide every single element of what best fits you and your boo.
Our design process is focused on learning how to incorporate details unique to y’all and help tell your story. Anyone can create a beautiful wedding, but we create weddings that tell a story and show your personality.